Posted by Gregg Potts

(This is a weekly article that I wrote for the "Dallas New Era" newspaper)

A few months ago, I joined a gym. The other day, this one guy came in and got on a treadmill. I looked over and he was jogging. No, he was running. I wanted to yell “Run, Forest, run!” but didn’t think it would be appropriate.
After running a few minutes, he got off and lifted some weights.
He then came back and got on the treadmill and started running…again..
Again, he got off and lifted some more weights.
Then, he got back on the treadmill and again… well, you guessed it, he was running.
Well, my curiosity had gotten the best of me. So I asked what he was doing. He made my little work out look puny.
He replied, “I’m trying to keep my heart rate up.”
“Now, that makes sense,” I thought. He tries to get his heart rate up to a certain point during his work-out.
So, he runs a little. Lifts weights a little. Runs a little more etc…
He has a carefully planned work-out and follows it. His health and exercise are important to him.
So, again, I ask, “What’s important to you?”
This guy’s health is obviously important to him and he expresses it through a strict work-out regimen.
Let’s be just as excited about our walk with the Lord as that guy is about his work-out.

This entry was posted on 31 July 2006 at Monday, July 31, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment