Posted by Gregg Potts

Last night, I watched the end of the movie "The Rookie." I guess I'm a cry baby because, I can watch that movie a million times and it gets me everytime. I like the scene where Jimmy Morris is sitting in a bar and he's about to give up baseball. About that time, he notices that the story that was filmed about him in practice is being shown on the television.
He then turns his attention to the show. As he is being interviewed he closes out by saying why he loves baseball. He talks about the bond between the players and the fans. Then he says, "it's a great game."
He is walking back to his hotel when he notices the lights on a baseball field. He walks over to it and sees little boys playing baseball. He remembers his dream.
As I watched that, my eyes filled with tears as I thought about my middle son, Will, is wrapping up his senior year of high school baseball. His season is half done. Right now, I'm trying to cling to every special moment I can.
Jimmy Morris was right; baseball is a great game. And, for years, Holli and I have experienced a lot of joy watching our kids play ball. Those are memories we will cherish.
Thank you, Lord for allowing me to be the dad of Robert, Will & Sarah Potts.

This entry was posted on 25 March 2008 at Tuesday, March 25, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment