Posted by Gregg Potts

I've just finished my Bible readings for Reading the Bible through this year. I've found a blog that goes along with the Bible readings that is really good. The link to it is www.oneyearbibleblog.com. The guy who does it, puts a lot of time into it.
This morning, the readings in Genesis dealt with the fall of man, God's grace to man in covering man and the first sin (Cain murdering Abel). If you haven't started reading the Bible through I encourage you to do so. It would be 15 or 20 or 25 of the best minutes each day you will invest this year.
I've also been working on my sermon for Sunday. I was off last Sunday. But, Sunday's coming again... pretty quick.
I was going to start a series this Sunday on the Biblical stories depicted in the stained glass in our santuary. However, I'm going to push that back one week. This Sunday the message is entitled "Five Resolutions Every Christian Should Make."
I hope you have a good Friday. Some of you may have taken off today. If so, I hope you enjoy the day.
The weather report is calling for rain in north Georgia this weekend. Sounds like good weather to stay inside and stay by the fire. But, I do encourage you to get your umbrella out, put your rain coat on and go to church on Sunday. Start the new year off in church.

Gregg

This entry was posted on 02 January 2009 at Friday, January 02, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment