Posted by Gregg Potts

I am not a "detail" man which means, I'm not a "direction" man. But, I'm not alone. In his book Facing the Giants Max Lucado writes, "I can get lost anywhere. Seriously. Anywhere. The simplest map confuses me; the clearest trail bewilders me. I couldn't track an elephant through four feet of snow. I can misread instructions to the bathroom down the hall."

I can identify with Max. Especially that last sentence. Recently, I was going to the rest-room at a high school baseball game. I saw a sign that read "men." So, I walked in. Whoops! Wrong door! Several high school girls were standing there looking in the mirror. I quickly backed out. I took a second glance at the sign and realized that I evidently missed the first two letters of the sign because it read "women."

All right. No harm done. It was an accident.

So, I went to the next door and.... you guessed it... yep, it was STILL the women's rest-room. Well now, I'm flustered. I'm embarrassed. And to top that off, our team is getting hammered so I'm a little aggravated.

So, I walk past the concession stand and ask "Can someone tell me where the MEN'S rest-room is?" One lady, sensing my frustration and embarrassment said, "It is a little confusing." Ok, that made me feel better. They were happy to tell me that the men's rest-room was on the other side of the concession stand. As I approached the door, I looked at the sign twice to be sure it was the men's room.

If you are "directionally challenged" you struggle reading maps, following directions, etc... My general approach to getting anywhere is get in the vicinity and stop and ask someone.

Just as we need directions in driving we need directions in life. The Bible provides those directions. Psalms 37:23 says, "The steps of a man are established by the LORD; And He delights in his way."

So, let the Bible be your road map in life.

This entry was posted on 26 April 2007 at Thursday, April 26, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment