Posted by Gregg Potts

I like continuity. I was reminded of that this past weekend.
Last Friday night, my son's high school baseball coach resigned. He is moving to North Georgia to be closer to family. You can't blame him. It's a good move for him.
However, he will be missed.
My son will be a senior next year so, we are faced with a senior year with a new coach. That's not always a pleasant thing.
For some of you who might read this, you might question "What's the big deal about the baseball coach resigning?"
Well, this is the deal... I guess there is a sense of security in knowing people and my son has spent three years with this coach. Now, he has to learn a new one. Also, baseball is our "home away from home" from February through April each year. There are people that we see only during baseball season. Our coach refers to it as our "baseball family." He's right. It is like a family. The family is about to be shaken up some and that bothers me.
It hit me recently that what is taking place is the end of an era. We will have a baseball team next year. But there will be a different coach and there will be some different parents around. Changes happen in life. You have to move on.
So, one era is about to end and another is about to begin. It's going to work out although right now, I'm a little sad.
I'm reminded of one of my favorite verses, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths" (Proverbs 3:5-6).

This entry was posted on 24 April 2007 at Tuesday, April 24, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment