Posted by Gregg Potts

This is VBS week at First Baptist. So, my weekly routine has been thrown out of sorts. I normally study in the mornings but I haven't gotten much done thus far this week. I pray the Lord gives me a few hours to study a little and pull a message together before Sunday.
Our VBS has gone great. We have had good attendance and, as far as I know, minimal problems which is always a good thing. I even did the "limbo" (sp?) this morning. Well, I kind of did a "half limbo." lol As a part of the VBS worship service kids have been bringing food to give to a local charity. And, they have to "mambo" to drop the food in the big buckets in the front.
In addition to VBS, we are trying to get our middle son, Will, off for a baseball tournament this weekend. Holli and I are not going. This is a first for us. Normally, when the kids do anything, one of us tries to be present. But, we are treating this weekend like a trial run for college. And, I don't really like it. I like to know how he's doing in the game. But, the Lord will get us through it. I know this is minor stuff but for me, right now, it's a little bigger. For some reason, I'm not wanting to turn loose."
So, it's been a busy week. VBS and preparing to get a kid off on a trip. And, trying to find a little time to study.
I'm reminded of Proverbs 3:5-6; "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths."

This entry was posted on 12 June 2008 at Thursday, June 12, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment