Posted by Gregg Potts

I hope you had a good Memorial Day.
I did or, should I say "we did."
Our family had a good day.
We didn't cook out, although we ate out last night. Nothing against cooking out by any means but we just didn't do it yesterday. We did nothing accept watch tv, read and rest.
We told Will he could sleep late and he took advantage of it. He had two short nights of sleep the two preceding nights so, he was worn out.
Holli and I were just... well, we were lazy. Now that kind of cuts against the grain of my life. I was raised on a farm and on a farm there is normally something to be done. I can remember if you slept a little later than normal you were kidded by someone saying "you lazy thing." In other words, you're not supposed to be lazy. So, I grew up thinking if you slept late you might be lazy. If you sat around the house doing nothing you might be considered lazy.
But, "lazy" is good at times. In our day we "run and gun" all the time. Because of that, we can feel run down. And, we need rest.
But the summer is here and that will give us some opportunities for rest.
I hope you have a good, restful summer.
Jesus said, "Come to Me, all of you who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls" (Matthew 11:28-29).

This entry was posted on 27 May 2008 at Tuesday, May 27, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment