Posted by Gregg Potts

Normally I try to follow a central theme in my posts on this blog. But today, I'm going to deal with various thoughts that I've had over the past few days.

Let's start with last Friday. That night, I went to Dave Hardin stadium at Paulding County High School prepared to watch my middle son, Will, play his last high school football game. They were playing one of their county rivals, Hiram High School. But, this game had a little extra "mustard" to it. The winner of this game got the fourth and final seed from our region in the play-offs. So, it was pretty tense from the start. I had prayed that if it were the Lord's will, the kids could pull an upset and win. I don't know if the Lord is interested in football or not but, I figured I would pray anyway! And, we had an "angels in the outfield" experience. Our kids won! It was wild! So, they get to play one more week. They are facing a gargantuan task in their first round opponent (MLK in Atlanta.. they are ranked 3rd in the state) but, we are "in."

Then, my parents came up last weekend. We don't see them nearly as often as we once did. But they came up for Will's senior night. Although we don't see them much, it's always neat when they come and it's sad when they leave. They are aging. I know; everyone does. I guess I just wasn't ready for it.

Finally, Holli and I attended the Georgia Baptist Convention in Augusta on Monday and Tuesday. This was my first "GBC" to attend. It was a neat experience. It was also a little lonely. I don't know many ministers in Georgia yet. So, I'm trying to meet new people. I now understand how people feel when they visit a church for the first time.

It's cool today. I'm looking forward to something warm to eat tonight and watching a little college football on Thursday night. I hope you have a great day.

This entry was posted on 15 November 2007 at Thursday, November 15, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment