Posted by Gregg Potts

What's important to you?
Have some things become more important to you than they should?
I haven't made a blog entry since August 10. That's almost 3 months. Part of the reason is that blogging had become too important to me. Let me explain.

Back in August, I began going through a real time of spiritual renewal. I was reading the little book "The Calvary Road". (If you haven't read it, you need to. It's good.) God began speaking to my heart and, honestly, blogging wasn't as important as it once was. Reading that book led me to realize the need to make some changes in my life. On many days, the first thing I would do in the morning was update my blog. But, during that time I realized I had gotten my priorities out of order. I was having a devotional time with the Lord but it wasn't always first thing. So, I re-prioritized some things.

Second, when I decided to begin blogging again, I couldn't access my blog. The problem is still not totally resolved but it's resolved enough for me to resume posting. I changed my email address during that time and I think that change hindered me from being able to sign on.

I will write more about my time of spiritual renewal in the coming days.

For now, I ask you, "Have some things gotten out of order in your life?" Have some things become more important than they should be? There is a little verse tucked away in the book of II Chronicles 18:4 that has spoken to me in the past couple of months. The verse says "Inquire first for the word of the Lord." I have put that verse on my p.d.a. Every day, I am reminded to "Inquire first for the word of the Lord."

It's making a difference in my life.

This entry was posted on 01 November 2007 at Thursday, November 01, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment