Join me in reading the Bible through in 2009  

Posted by Gregg Potts

2008 is almost over.
Wow... time flies.
In less than two days we will tear off the calendar sheet that reads "December 2008" and replace it with "January 2009".
A new year.
A new start.
Around this time of year I normally reflect on the past year and look forward to the new one. I will set some goals of things I want to accomplish in the new year. I encourage you to set some goals as well.
One thing I encourage you to do is to plan to read through the Bible. This is a great spiritual discipline and will help you grow as a Christians.
However, you may be thinking, "I can't devote enough time to reading through the Bible."
While I certainly don't know your schedule, I would think that you can. It might mean spending less time say... watching tv but, most of us could get this done. It shouldn't take you more than 30 minutes a day. And, more than likely, you could do it in about 15 minutes.
You could also be thinking, "What if I get behind?" or, "What if I miss a day?"
No sweat, just catch up the next day. And, you may not get the entire Bible read next year but, you can get some of it read and some it is better than none!
So, today and tomorrow (Dec. 30 & 31) seriously consider joining me in reading through the Bible. If you decide to do this, send me an email to let me know.

Gregg Potts

This entry was posted on 30 December 2008 at Tuesday, December 30, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment