Posted by Gregg Potts

"One day at a time."
Ever heard that expression?
Most of us have. But I'm going to confess; I don't do that well. Whenever I am facing lots of projects, I have a tendency to worry about them. I tell myself to break them down, take them one step at a time and that normally works but, I really struggle in my mind to keep them all separate. Instead of taking one at a time, I think about how busy the day is going to be.
For instance, this week has been exceptionally busy and today and tomorrow (Friday and Saturday) are REALLY going to be busy. I tell myself, "one thing at a time" but then the overwhelming thoughts come back.
But, I've been here before and it's all worked out. I remind myself of that.
Jesus said, "Take no thought for tomorrow..."
Paul said "In everything by prayer and supplication let your requests be known unto God and the peace of God that surpasses all comprehension will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
I know the verses... now... I need to work on the "doing" of the verses. Probably most of us do.
I will pray for you and you pray for me to take it one step at a time.

This entry was posted on 08 June 2007 at Friday, June 08, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment