Posted by Gregg Potts

Pat Williams is one of my favorite authors. I just started reading his book The Warrior Within. It's a book based on Asher, one of the sons of Jacob in the book of Genesis. Asher is known as a great warrior.
In the first chapter of the book the author has a quote from Dr. David Jeremiah, senior pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Churchnear San Diego, California. Dr. Jeremiah is a very busy man. The church of which he is pastor is large and consequently, there are multiple demands on his time. In light of those demands, he makes an interesting statment. Dr. Jeremiah says, "There are others who can counsel, others who can make personnel decisions, others who can orchestrate the organization, but there is only one man in the whole world who can be a father to my children - and that's me. I had better be that father while I have the opportunity."
Wow! Strong statement!
That reminds me that I had better use my time wisely. It also reminds me that the meeting that I think I must attend isn't nearly as important as sitting in the stands during a ballgame for my child or a dance recital or an awards ceremony.
This Sunday is Father's Day. Dad, make time for your children. You won't regret it.

This entry was posted on 15 June 2007 at Friday, June 15, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment