Posted by Gregg Potts

I watched the MLB All-star game last night. Well, I watched it through the 7th inning. It was 11:00 then which is past when I want to go to bed so, I gave it up. The AL was winning when I went to bed and they hung on for the final two innings.
I enjoy watching the All-star game. I really enjoy the pageantry. Last night, prior to the game, there was a huge salute to the "say hey" kid, Willie Mays. The television announcer said "if he wasn't the greatest, he was one of the greatest to ever play the game." That's a strong statement.
I get goose bumps every time I see a tribute like that. There were the pictures on the jumbo tron then, Willie Mays made his entrance walking between the players on the AL and NL all-star teams. It was neat seeing a "former great" of the game walking among the stars of today.
I wish we had more moments like that. We need to recognize people, encourage people. There is an old saying "give someone their roses while they are living."
Is there someone today that you need to say a word of encouragement to? Send someone an email. Offer to buy them lunch. Give them a call. Write them a note but by all means, do something to offer encouragement and express appreciation.

This entry was posted on 11 July 2007 at Wednesday, July 11, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment