Posted by Gregg Potts

Last Friday I had an excellent day. Well, I've had some good days since then as well but that day was a particularly good day.
I was talking to Holli Friday morning and we were discussing Robert. I had just told Holli that I felt disconnected from Robert and that I didn't see him much. I know, it gets worse the older they get.
Well, about the time he comes up the stairs from his room and says that the boys who were supposed to be playing golf with him backed out so, he was trying to decide what to do. Immediately I thought, "Here's your chance. You've felt disconnected from him well, here's your chance to spend a day with him."
I thought about it for a few minutes and decided to go with him. I did have some other things I needed to do but I knew that all of it could wait another day. So, I played golf with my oldest son.
We had a blast. I felt like I got reconnected with him. Robert is a good golfer. He played on his high school golf team. I felt a sense of pride as I watched him gradually get better the longer we played.
Then, after finishing a round of golf, I took Will, my middle son, and a couple of his friends to see the Rome Braves play. We had a great time.
When I got home Friday night I was beat but, I had invested a day in my two sons. You can't beat that.
Thank you, Lord, for giving me three great kids. Thank you that each one is a Christian and trying to follow you.

This entry was posted on 17 July 2007 at Tuesday, July 17, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment