Posted by Gregg Potts

I'm cutting back.
Throwing away...
Let me explain.
I love to read and as a pastor, I'm always looking for a good, new, fresh illustration (stories) to really top a sermon off. Because of that, over the course of my ministry I've subscribed to magazines and purchased books. The only problem is, I've had too many coming in. They pile up beside my chair. When we go on a trip, I would put them in a box and plan to go through them while we drove. And I went through many of them. But I never got through them all.
For years this has been somewhat of a sore spot w/my wife but she has always been patient and basically said nothing until the stack would get too large and she would demand action. Recently, I started taking action on my own. I've cancelled some thing, thrown away some things and it feels good. In business, it's called streamlining.
Do you need to streamline your life? Do you need to eliminate some things?
People are extremely busy today. I mean, we're always "running in a store" or hurriedly making a stop at a convenience store. It's almost like we take pride in being busy. But, is that the way God wants us to live? I don't think so.
I'm trying to cut back. Jesus said "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all of His righteousness and all these other things will be added unto you" (Matt. 6:33).
Put the Lord first and allow Him to streamline your life.

This entry was posted on 24 July 2007 at Tuesday, July 24, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment