Posted by Gregg Potts

In my post yesterday (7.09.07) I mentioned that one of the highlights of my trip to the coast last week was getting a fresh supply of Community coffee. Someone asked me what was so special about Community coffee. I mean, in a world that has gone crazy over Starbucks, what's so special about Community?
It's strong. I like strong coffee. Maybe that's the "Louisiana" in me. Louisianian's are known for enjoying "strong" coffee.
It has some "bite" in it. I'm not real sure what gives it the "bite" taste but there is only one other coffee that I have had that is similar and that is Hill and Brooks coffee.
I like the bag. No kidding. No, the bag doesn't make it taste any better but I like the "red bag" it comes in. It's got the picture of the antebellum home on the front. The bag makes it look like it ought to be good, strong coffee. lol
It reminds me of home. I hadn't thought about this until I started writing but every time I purchase a bag or bags of community coffee, I'm reminded of home. Maybe that's weird but it's true.
If you have ever lived away from the place you call "home", when you make trips back "home" there maybe a restaurant, or a store, or a place on the beach or a spot in the woods that you enjoy going to that is a favorite spot. Community coffee is like that for me.
Well, there it is... a theological treatise on why I like Community coffee. Now, I think I'll have a cup!
P.S. If you think about it, drop me a line at gepotts1@aol.com and let me know if you are a coffee drinker and if so, what brand you prefer.

This entry was posted on 10 July 2007 at Tuesday, July 10, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment