Posted by Gregg Potts

This post may ramble some today. I have thoughts but they are not necessarily all together.

Reconnecting...
I'm not totally sure all that means but I'm doing some of it this week.
We lived on the Mississippi gulf coast for 12 years. Our kids spent a big portion of their lives here. We have some very good memories from the coast. Last night we dropped our daughter off to spend a few days with one of her friends. We dropped her off at the softball fields. I walked around and remembered all the softball games Sarah played here. We have lots and lots of good memories there. We have friends here. Last night we got to visit with a few folks that we knew from our involvement in kids sports when we lived here.
Our kids have for the past couple of years enjoyed coming to the coast about once a year to see their old friends and just see what's changed. We drive around and look at the area. Of course, lots of things changed after Katrina.
We drove to the coast yesterday. Sarah is spending some time with some friends and Will is doing the same. Robert couldn't come. He has to work this week because he went on vacation with his girlfriend's family last week.
Holli and I will rest some, ride around some, see a few people, eat some seafood and I will take back a fresh supply of Community coffee. I might even take back some shrimp if I can convince my wife. lol The down side of something like this is we can't see everyone we would like to see. There's not enough time.
I need to reconnect periodically. I'm not sure why but I do.
Maybe it's remembering our roots. Maybe it's re-visiting the familiar. Not sure. But I need it.
You probably do as well. This week is a holiday week. Take some time and re-connect with someone.

This entry was posted on 03 July 2007 at Tuesday, July 03, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment