Posted by Gregg Potts

Several years ago when I was pastor of a church in Lincoln county, Mississippi a lady who was our Sunday School director told me one week that she and her family were going to be out the next Sunday. She then explained that her oldest was a senior and it was going to begin getting more and more difficult for their family to get everyone together. So, the family was going to New Orleans.
I was young and full of legalism and I admit, I was aggravated.
However, after almost 20 years, I now see where she was coming from. Our oldest son is 20. The next is 17 and our daughter is 14. We are getting to ready to leave for Florida for a few days vacation and, our oldest can't go because of his work schedule. It frustrates me. A little bit of me is empty because our whole bunch is not going to be together.
I now see what the lady was trying to tell me 20 years ago.
So, make sure you spend time with your family. There will come a time when you can't get them all together.

This entry was posted on 25 July 2007 at Wednesday, July 25, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment