Posted by Gregg Potts

All of us make mistakes. They are a part of life. If you live you are going to make mistakes.
Some people have a difficult time making decisions because they are afraid of failing... making mistakes. Therefore, their fear of failing paralyzes them and makes it difficult to make decisions.
Some people , due to mistakes they have made constantly live in the past. They have difficulty moving forward in life because of mistakes they have made. They dwell on their mistakes and seldom look forward.
I have made plenty of mistakes and there is a decent chance I will make some today. I got aggravated with the kids Sunday night and, I regretted getting aggravated. That was a mistake.
There are times when I have to tell someone "I'm sorry, I blew that one. I just dropped the ball and I will do better next time." I had made a mistake.
Most of the time if we make a mistake and admit it, it's ok. We move on and try to do better. But some people seem to keep a mental log of mistakes and they don't let you get up off the mat of life. They are constantly reminding you of your mistakes.
Thankfully, the Lord doesn't do that. The scripture says "If Thou, LORD, shouldst mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? But there is forgiveness with Thee, That Thou mayest be feared" (Psalms 130:3-4).
In other words, God doesn't keep a running list of our mistakes.
I am personally, very thankful for that.
Also, there may be someone who made a mistake and they have come to you and admitted it but you are yet to forgive. You want to remind them repeatedly of their mistake. Please be gracious enough to understand that everyone makes mistakes and forgive whomever made the mistake and let them and you move on in life.
Someone said "the only reason you look to the past is if you're going there." So don't go to the past. Look forward in life.

This entry was posted on 08 May 2007 at Tuesday, May 08, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment