Posted by Gregg Potts

I have a hard time waiting.
I also have a difficult time not acting when I feel like action is needed. I have a hard time believing nothing can be done. When somneone says "Nothing can be done" I want to say, "Wait a minute, this is the United States of America. We live in a democracy. Yes, something can be done."
But... I'm learning that at times, nothing can be done accept to trust in the Lord and wait. I have a hard time in those situations.
The Psalmist expressed what I need to do more of when he said, "Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10).
"Be still..." I really have a hard time being still.
While you are being still, know that God is on the throne. In other words, "Don't do anything, God is going to do all the doing."
Trust the Lord. Wait on the Lord.
Are you struggling with something today yet you feel like you just can't do anything? Give it to the Lord and know that He is God. I'm writing this to myself. You can join me in giving whatever may be a concern to you to the Lord.

This entry was posted on 10 May 2007 at Thursday, May 10, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment