Posted by Gregg Potts

I read a story in the book of I Chronicles recently that really spoke to me. The scriptures say that God was not pleased with David and punished Israel. Recognizing God's punishment David went to God and said, "I have sinned.... but... please now take away the iniquity of the Thy servant" (I Chronicles 7:8).
God spoke to David and said, "You have three options; 1) 3 years of famine, 2) 3 months to be swept away before your foes or 3) the angel of the Lord destroying throughout the territory of Israel."
Which option would you take?
David thought about it and took option 3. I love David's reply, "...I am in great distress; please let me fall into the hand of the LORD, for His mercies are very great. But do not let me fall into the hand of man" (I Chron. 7:13).
I really like that verse.
David is saying "Each of the three options are tough but, I'll take my chances with God... I believe I have a better chance of mercy with God than with man!"
I would affirm what David said! Sometimes, mankind has difficulty spelling the word grace. I'm being a little sarcastic in my response but, there is a lot of truth there.
People, all of us, struggle with grace.
Today, be filled with grace. Ok... what exactly does that mean?
It means trying to be a little less judgemental than we normally are.
It means being willing to forgive instead of hanging onto bitterness.
It mens doing a kind deed.
"...let me fall into the hand of the Lord, for His mercies are very great. But do not let me fall into the hand of man."
What a powerful verse! God's grace is amazing!

This entry was posted on 09 May 2007 at Wednesday, May 09, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment