Posted by Gregg Potts

In 1869 H.J. Heinz coined a phrase that challenges us to do the common thing uncommonly well."

All of us face common tasks daily. Doing the "common thing uncommonly well" is what will set us apart from someone else.

Recently, I went into an automobile dealership. As I approached the door, a salesman on the inside pushed the door open and held it open for me. That kind of thing impresses me. It was a little touch and may have seemed insignificant but I thought it was something "a little extra" to set that dealership apart. Now, I wasn't going by there to purchase a car. But if I had been considering it, that little act would have made me more inclined to purchase one from them.

Today, "do the common thing uncommonly well."

This entry was posted on 29 May 2007 at Tuesday, May 29, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment