Posted by Gregg Potts

I've had a stomach bug the past two days. Yesterday, it was stricly sprite, gatorade and chicken noodle soup. I think the thing I hated most was, no coffee. I normally drink several cups of fairly strong community coffee throughout the day. I missed my coffee.
I had plenty of time to think yesterday. I thought about how a small "bug" can inflitrate the human body and cause your entire system to hurt. But the same thing can happen to us spiritually and, to a church. Let me explain.
First, little ideas, little attitudes, little sins can infiltrate our lives and at first, we ignore them. We brush them off with a "no big deal." But, left unchecked, they can become a big deal.
Second, the same thing can happen in a church. Suppose there is a member who is disgruntled and they begin "sharing" their thoughts with others. In time, if that is left unchecked, it can affect the entire body.
So, don't ignore the "little sins" in your life and, if you know of anyone who is sharing "complaints" with others in your church, confront it and deal with it. A little bug can bring pain to the entire body.

This entry was posted on 23 May 2007 at Wednesday, May 23, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment