Posted by Gregg Potts

I believe I was made with an "hyperactive crier."
I'm serious.
It doesn't take much for me to tear up.
I was thinking this morning, "what happens biologically that makes us cry." I know it's somehow tied to our emotions. I don't know what it is but my "crying system" works well.
I am especially prone to cry when my kids get recognition.
This morning, I attended an event at our high school where my son had to give a brief speech as President of the Junior class. I was proud and I misted up.
But, I've cried a lot lately.
I cried when Will got a key hit in a baseball game.
I cried when it was announced that he had been elected a "senior ambassador."
I cried when Robert told me he had been nominated for a promotion at Dick's sporting goods. Robert has been working there since last September. Those who have worked there for a period of time say that he is advancing quicker than normal. That makes a dad proud.
And, I cried when my daughter made the cheerleading squad.
"Lord, thank you for the three wonderful kids you have blessed Holli and me with."

This entry was posted on 16 May 2007 at Wednesday, May 16, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment