Posted by Gregg Potts

U.S.A. Today ran a full page article yesterday entitled "25 Lives of Indelible Impact." In celebration of its 25th anniversary the paper is doing some special things to recognize that.
Of the 25 lives, one of those is a man whose identity is unknown. He is simply known as "The Man at Tiananmen Square." Maybe you remember him. I remember watching his heoric act.
It was on a Saturday morning back in 1989. This man stood in front of a tank in a pro-democracy protest in China. When the tank veered left to try to avoid the man, he veered left as well. When the tank moved forward, he stood his ground. Eventually, on-lookers pulled him aside.
One man.
One tank.
The tank is obviously larger. I mean, the tank could kill the guy. But the man stood.
Sometimes we are afraid to take a stand. We don't want to cause trouble. Don't want to "make waves." So, we just keep our mouths shut.
But there are times when we need to take a stand.
Let this guy be a model for us.
There is a poem that I have taped in the flyleaf of my Bible. It reads like this;
"I am only one, but still, I am one.
While I cannot do all things I can do somethings.
And though I cannot do all things I will not fail to do the one thing I can do."

This entry was posted on 30 May 2007 at Wednesday, May 30, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment